- Break it down: come up with a detailed model of your operations and processes. Every business is different; know what yours is all about before you set out on your journey.
- Identify what is directly related to your success or failure in certain areas: Would those operations or processes become better or more efficient by adding in automation and/or more accurate record keeping?
- Make a list of the needs: You will not find a solution to answer every single little want, so defining what you cannot live without, what you NEED, is extremely important. Be sure to rank them on a scale of importance- this will make choices easier later on in the process.
- Find a reputable reseller: Going through an ERP reseller is different than working with the publisher directly. It will be up to you to make that call in the end but here is some food for thought: resellers have experience in many different products and since many will represent multiple ERP solutions they are not tied down to giving you only one choice. This will give you more option and a better chance of finding the right ERP for your company. Make sure to do your research and choose a reseller (or publisher if you want to go that route) who will get the job done in your time frame and in your budget
- Work Together as you choose your solution: it is important here to stick to your plan while also being open to the reseller’s opinions. You may be positive that “Software A” would be best for you, but you could be wrong- be open to “Software B” if it makes more sense…you may know your business like the back of your hand but the reseller will know the ins and out of the product, as long as you have a detailed description of your needs your software reseller will take you the rest of the way- work together!
About e2b teknologies:
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Chardon, OH, e2b teknologies provides ERP, accounting applications, custom cloud-based software development services, AR collections management software, and calibration services through its three business units – e2b anytime apps, e2b enterprise, and e2b calibration. e2b enterprise develops custom cloud-based business applications and resells leading ERP accounting software, CRM, HRMS, and other enterprise business software applications from Sage Software, Epicor, Intacct, Sugar CRM, and other publishers. e2b anytime apps is the publisher of Anytime Collect, Anytime Assets, Anytime 500, and related Anytime brand products. e2b calibration is an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited calibration laboratory
Our goal is to provide customers with great products backed by world-class support, development services, and business consulting to help them achieve their goals – on-time, and on-budget. Contact us today for more information or to speak with one of our software experts.