Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the latest cloud-based ERP and CRM business management system for growing businesses to extend their investment by adding modules and business apps as they expand their operations. It’s a smooth transition getting started with Dynamics 365 for Financials with tight integration with familiar Microsoft applications such as Office 365 and the Outlook Add-In. Customers quickly start to take advantage of ordering, selling, invoicing, and reporting.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Edition will have options for several modules*
- Financial Management Functionality (ERP)
- Sales/Customer Relationship Management (CRM)*available 2017
- Marketing/Customer Relationship Management (CRM)*available 2017
- Customer Service/Customer Relationship Management (CRM)*available 2017
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Edition Purchase Order Management functionality is part of the Dynamics 365 for Financials Module.
6 Benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Edition Purchase Order
• Purchase Order Management
• Vendor Management
• Vendor Item Catalog
• Item Cross Reference
• Purchase Invoice
• Purchase Pricing and Discounts
Let's take a closer look...
- Purchase Order Management: Record costs and track accounts payable. Minimize inventory costs and provide better customer service through dynamically updated inventory levels. Automated workflows allow you to monitor and control your purchasing process while implementing approvals for internal controls can prevent unnecessary or fraudulent purchases.
- Vendor Management: Automate tasks for vendors to record your agreements concerning discounts, prices, and payment methods. Vendor management allow you to record and manage vendor credit terms and pricing in addition to giving you the ability to easily access agreements concerning discounts, prices, and payment methods to improve profitability.
- Vendor Item Catalog: Precisely identify ordered items using vendor numbers linked to your company’s internal numbers. Quickly cross-reference information plus access and store universal product codes (UPCs). Vendor Item Catalog can allow you to Reduce data duplication by preserving the items list to only internal numbers and also Link multiple vendor numbers to your own internal item catalog.
- Item Cross Reference: This purchasing features identifies the items a customer is ordering based on item numbers other than your own. Cross-reference information from customers, vendors, and manufacturers, as well as generic numbers.
- Purchase Invoicing: Create purchase invoices or purchase orders to record the cost of purchases and to track accounts payable. This feature will allow you to minimize inventory costs and provide better customer service through dynamically updated inventory levels; furthermore, recorded purchases immediately contribute to profit figures and other financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on your Home page.
- Purchase Pricing and Discounts: Keep track of your agreements with vendors concerning discounts, prices, and payment methods. Manage multiple item purchase prices that you’ve negotiated with individual vendors based on parameters such as minimum quantity, unit of measure, and currency. The best unit cost, which is the lowest, is brought to the purchase line when the order details meet the conditions specified in the purchase prices table.
Contact us about questions about Purchase Order Management or how Microsoft Dyanmics 365 will help benefit your business.
View this 2:45 minute video for a quick tour of Microsoft Dyanmics 365.
Posted by iCepts Technology Group, Inc. An Accelos and Microsoft Dynamics NAV Partner in Pennsylvania
We are a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Partner offering implementation, service, and support for Microsoft Dynamics NAV in: PA, DC, DE, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OH, VA, WV, and the entire Mid-Atlantic Region. We also offer implementation, service, and support for HighJump’s Warehouse Edge (formerly Accellos One) Warehouse Management Systems in: PA, DC, DE, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OH, VA, WV, and the entire Mid-Atlantic Region.
As experienced SCM, WMS and ERP consultants and value added resellers (VARs), we provide start to finish services for the solutions we represent Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Distribution and Manufacturing, Accellos Warehouse Management System (WMS), Server virtualization, open source VOIP phone systems and infrastructure and security. We provide services that cover process analysis, implementation, training, security and networking. Naturally, we also provide full ongoing support for years after implementation to help our clients succeed. We are your one stop shop for your business technology needs.
Another version of this article was previously posted by iCepts Technology Group, Inc. on May 4, 2017 - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Edition Purchasing Management
Photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net by Stuart Miles