Benefits for Dynamics GP in the cloud
Are you running your business on Microsoft Dynamics GP? If so, have you considered the benefits of moving to the cloud? The latest version of Dynamics GP was engineered especially for the cloud. We help you move Dynamics GP to the cloud with the right plan.
Dynamics GP monthly subscription plan
Dynamics GP in the cloud allows you to move to a monthly subscription plan. You can save a significant amount of money over the old on-premise software licensing model. In the past, Dynamics GP customers you would purchase a per-user license and then pay a yearly enhancement fee. You were responsible for paying the additional cost of upgrading and testing. In the new cloud Dynamics GP model, a hosting provider maintains all the software, so your in-house IT Staff can be free of the burden of updates and upgrades. The upgrades are maintained in the cloud at no extra expense to your IT budget.
Should you move to Dynamics GP in the cloud?
One common concern expressed by Dynamics GP customers is how making the move to the cloud might impact workflow. It’s important to make sure the process is well planned and managed. Make sure you partner with a Gold Certified Partner, such as Accountnet, for Microsoft Dynamics GP to help you every step of the way.
6 considerations before moving Dynamics GP in the cloud
At Accountnet, our Dynamics GP consultants help with every phase of your move to the cloud We begin with helping you identify and document requirements with these items:
- Assess whether you currently have the right set of modules, whether they are being used, and if there is additional functionality you need immediately or in future.
- Determine any regulatory requirements such as HIPPA or SOX for your industry. Note any seasonal reporting as this may affect your decision around timing around rolling out a new system.
- We help our client determine which hosting solution is best for your company (i.e., cloud, multi-tenant hosting or dedicated hosting environment). Make sure to talk about disaster recovery requirements when considering any hosting provider.
- Identify types of users within the organization and how they will be accessing the system.
- Discuss QuickBooks or other historical migrations
- Unlimited companies are included with pricing and can be enabled!
Why Dynamics GP customers turn to Accountnet?
Accountnet can configure the core Dynamics GP system and any new modules. Once the initial system is set up, they will upload copies of your existing databases to the cloud servers for testing (migrations can usually be performed overnight or on a weekend with little to no downtime). Final integrations with any Microsoft Office products (like Excel and Outlook) or external applications can be completed and validated. Is it time to review the Accounting software, extended relation analysis gathering for Microsoft GP or Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Another version of this blog was published on June 5, 2019 - Microsoft Dynamics GP: Is the Cloud Easier Than You Think?
Image courtesy of kangshutters at FreeDigitalPhotos.net